Monday 24 September 2012

Feel Like A Bit Of A Riot?


I feel like inciting a bit of a riot.  It’s the flavour of the month in Australia right now.  So, let me think – what noble cause (among many that come quickly to mind) should I select?  Hmmm – how about a rally of the troops against the repugnant practice of female genital mutilation?  It’s an illegal practice in Australia.  I’ll SMS all my hot-blooded friends and give them the riot details; the place of congregation for said riot and we will let it rip!  I’m certain my neighbour and I could punch out enough placards with appropriately aggressive slogans such as “Snuff Female Genital Mutilating Curs”.  Sounds like a plan.

I was born in Australia.  My parents and grand parents were born in Australia.  I feel I have every right to riot in my own country!  I have not trucked my idiocies and religious fanaticism halfway round the globe to ungirth them upon the population of a country that offered me succour from an alleged persecution.

Why is it that peaceful countries such as Australia who extend a helping hand to people of the Islamic faith must suffer Neanderthal-like behaviour from these people when they or their parents take up residence here?  Why should I feel even the slightest pang of intimidation for even writing an essay such as this?  I think I’m being persecuted in my own country and I don’t appreciate it one bit.  Will I be heheaded for wishing to exercise my right to free speech in my own homeland?  Will I qualify for a fatwah to be bestowed upon my person?  Peace be upon the fatwah bestowers!  Will my home, local shopping centre or police complex be fire-bombed as a direct result of my words on this page?   Holy hell – I better not think about making a pathetically bad movie that may create the perfect atmosphere for obligitory offence-taking on behalf of some devoted followers of the wonderful and peaceful profit, Mohammed!  A movie that I know only too well would never be sanctioned by my Government in any way, shape or form.  For maybe the second time in my entire life, I feel sorry for the US Government.  On both occasions, my sorrow was initiated because of the actions of followers of the Islamic faith.

Now back to my proposed reason for a bit of a riot.  Female genital mutilation (FGM) has to be the most fundamentally insane and irrational thing men and, indeed, women  can do to a young female.  A tot or teenager.  As I said, the practice is illegal in Australia.  Recently, several people have been charged with offenses involving FGM.  One case in Sydney, the other in Perth.  These two cases would be the tip of the clitoris in my opinion.  I believe the barbaric and dangerous practice is likely to be quite a common occurrence in the back yards of Muslims across the country.  Remember back yard abortions back in the dark ages and the appalling clinical results of some of them?  FGM has to cease; nipped in the bud now and the heavy arm of Australian Law must come down hard upon anyone practicing FGM or any person aiding and abetting the practice of FGM, whether it occurs in this country or performed on Australian residents whilst visiting another country.

No doubt we must look forward to the prospect of girding our loins in anticipation of further civil disobedience from some sectors of the Muslim community over who knows what – but I’m sure some bright sparks will think of something.  Or, perhaps we should steel ourselves for something much worse.   The barbarians have entered the citadel and there is not a damned thing we can do about it now.  We cannot send the troublemakers packing.  Our relevant laws are far too namby-pamby to even mildly embrace a modicum of common sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment